Eleventy Soft is an Eleventy (11ty) adaptation of Soft UI Design System (a user-friendly and beautiful design system based on Bootstrap 5), including a Blog system that uses Prismic CMS for content management. The product can be used to build presentation websites and blazing fast blogs.
- 11ty Soft UI - product page
- 11ty Soft UI - source code
- Free support (eMail and Discord) - registered users
- SSG: Eleventy (11ty)
- Prismic CMS for blog posts
- CSS Pipeline (Sass, CleanCSS)
- JS Bundling (Webpack)
- SVG Icon Sprite Generation
- Critical CSS, HTML Minification
Compile from sources
To build the project without errors a decent version of NodeJS is necessary >= 12.xx.
Step #1 - Clone the sources
$ git clone https://github.com/app-generator/eleventy-soft-ui-design.git $ cd eleventy-soft-ui-design
Step #2 - Install modules via NPM or Yarn
$ npm i // OR $ yarn
Step #3 - Configure Prismic API Node
Rename ".env.sample" to ".env" and specify the "PRISMIC_REPOSITORY_NAME" variable. In case you are not familiar with Prismic, feel free to use the DEMO API provided by AppSeed: "https://eleventy-soft-ui-design.prismic.io/api/v2"
// Contents of `.env` file: PRISMIC_REPOSITORY_NAME=YOUR_PRISMIC_API_URL
Step #4 - Start project in development mode
$ yarn start
Once the project is compiled and the content is pulled from Prismic, the project can be visited in the browser: "HTTP://localhost:8080"
Step #5 - Production Build
$ yarn build
Deploy to Netlify
- Upload the local repository you set up to Github.
- Go to https://app.netlify.com. Once you’ve logged in, click the 'New site from Git' button and choose the forked repository you just created.
- Follow the prompts, it will build and deploy the new site on Netlify, bringing you to the site dashboard when the build is complete.
- When you get to deploy & build settings, you need to add your Prismic repository API endpoint as an environmental variable named PRISMIC_REPOSITORY_NAME